Quality Assurance Manager
Viable Power Conversion Technology is actively looking for a quality assurance manager (QA manager). The ideal candidate is a critical thinker who will proactively improve the quality systems of the company through internal audits, participation in process improvement programs, and interaction with key partners to obtain constructive feedback.
- Develop standardized production, quality, and customer-service standards.
- Identify potential risks before they become a problem, focusing on root cause analysis and preventive action.
- Perform internal and external quality audits and compile detailed reports of findings.
- Schedule and chair quarterly management review meetings, track related actions, and prepare meeting agendas and minutes.
- Build a strong team through coaching, mentoring, specific training, and performance evaluations.
- The primary responsibility is to maintain and improve the overall quality of our organization.
- Ensure the Quality Assurance Policy Manual adequately eflects the requirements of the latest revision of AS9100.
- Determine the quality measurement benchmarks for ongoing quality improvement. Review performance against the benchmarks with department heads, and implement and monitor changes as necessary.
- Maintain oversight of the Viable Failure Report and Corrective Action System (FRACAS). Review failure reports for adequate root cause analysis. Review failure reports by product and/or process to determine quality trends and implement corrective actions.
- Review customer quality clauses accompanying purchase orders and ensure compliance with them.
- Support the design team to establish appropriate validation and verification of power supply performance requirements. Where required assist with the implementation of RTCA/DO-254 / EASA AMC20-152A.
- In conjunction with mechanical and electronic engineers, develop test procedures for qualification, acceptance, and environmental testing of our products. Validate all acceptance test procedures with production test technicians. Support the preparation of reliability reports for our products.
- Review and approve VIABLE drawings and documents as the Quality Assurance representative. Ensure the documentation meets the quality requirements of the Company and any applicable specifications.
- Be responsible for the conduct of all First Article Inspections and the preparation of FAI Reports in accordance with AS9102. Be familiar with IPC standards IPC-A-610, IPC-J-STD-001. Ensure Viable quality control inspectors perform inspections in accordance with the relevant drawings and applicable manufacturing standards.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Engineering
- 5+ years of relevant work experience
- Highly organized with excellent attention to detail
- Experience in ISO9001/ AS9100 QA systems
- Experience with RTCA/DO-254 and EASA AMC20-152A
- Certified IPC-A-610 Specialist
- Proficient with Excel, Word, PowerPoint or equivalent
- Proficient in FileMaker or familiar with ERP Systems
- Familiarity with environmental stress screening, statistical analysis, failure modes and effects analysis, MIL-STD test procedures
- American Society of Quality (ASQ) Certified Manager of Quality / Organizational Excellence (CMQ/OE) or equivalent
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume to the attention of Vittorio Iampietro at email@example.com
Download a PDF version of this job offer.